Upstate Masonry Institute was established to open communication between design professionals engineers, spec writers, suppliers and mason contractors.
UMI Executive Board
- Managing Director - Todd Helfrich
- President - Andrew Sciocchetti, A.J.S Masonry
- Vice President - Brian Casler, Casler Masonry Inc
- Treasurer - Scott Lupini, Lupini Construction, Inc.
- Lew Houghtaling, Debrino Caulking Associates
UMI Advisory Board
- David Biggs – Biggs Consulting Engineering
- Nick Carparelli – Executive Director, NYS Concrete Masonry Association
- Earl Hall- Construction Employers Association of CNY
- Pat Tirino – Vice President Bricklayers Local #2
Did You Know?
The Masonry industry is building its manpower strength through comprehensive apprenticeship schools throughout the country. Not only are new craftworkers learning to construct new buildings, they are also learning the skills needed to retain the beauty of your historical structures. The apprenticeship program through the Bricklayers Allied Craftworks Local 2 has invested over 8 million hours in training the men and women who are masons in the Local 2 territory.